Tuesday 28 May 2013


Photographing my work


Tom Gates from City College Brighton took photographs of my work as I was unable to produce good images myself. I learnt so much from watching Tom working, about my work.  The way he was using lighting showed up things about my application of paint that I was not always aware of.  Things that I must be careful about in the future when painting. Sometimes I use a wash right at the end to even colour, but I need to make sure that the coverage is even.

 Lighting can reflect off work making it difficult to read and I need to think about that when working. The lights also show up every mark made that you don't want to be seen.  I was suprised when I put a coat of varnish over my work to help protect it, that house hold dust managed to rush at the surface and the fluff off my warm black wool jumper even more so!

Any other things you think I need to take more care over?

No comments:

Post a Comment