Tuesday 28 May 2013

Blog 10 May 2013 Belfort 2

BLOG        Belfort-2 10 May 2013

As part of my "There and not There' series 3 made for the exhibition in May 2013, I've just painted white on white, and its made sense to me. I've re worked the curves I originally tried for my image Belfort 1, in October and November, nearly driving you all mad with the colour, line and position changes or requests for information on how to paint without making brush marks.

Shaun managed to move me forward in someways by suggesting blackboard paint and gloss paint, sadly that had a sense of failure as I tried them out on those cheap canvas things and both came out gloss, but not showing brush marks, so thank you Shaun. That is a way forward.

Now with the white on white, you can't see much anyway!- But it is not that easy, the white on white took nearly as long as the original to resolve and for me the top curve is not defined enough, nor is it as accurate as it really needs to be. One further problem, I am unable to take a successful photograph.
What am I to do about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment