Tuesday 28 May 2013

BLOG Exhibition Evening 25May 2013

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000002700 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000002684
Blog 25 May 2012


The exhibition, what a fabulous evening, the studios looked amazing, and as the gallery filled up and people were interested enough to asked about the work -it got even better. I was pleased that I used aspects of my essay as my inspiration and even more pleased that I had documented the relationship of each image in my book because I was able to speak confidently ( if not coherently) about each image and its relationship to the other images.

If I had planned them all more carefully in terms of what would be hung next to what, and the relationship of the images next to each other I would have paid more attention to the colour/tone of each image so that not only did they visually sit well together but they had a strong relationship to the next work. Something to think more about for the future.


It was a pity that the print room did not get the maps and postcards printed. I always like to go away with a keepsake or reminder of what I have seen at an exhibition. The cards we had printed last year were really great and I have sent them to people since, in fact I sent one on the 2nd of May this year.
Maybe something to think about is sign posting an event. “Reception” in the main tower block building told some people I know, that they were not even aware of the exhibition and had difficulties directing people to the event. I put directions to Trafalgar Court in with both my post and emailed invitations, we have to remember people forget to take these things with them, or possibly, like me and getting old and forget what we've read.

A big thank you to you all for covering for me in show building, I was very pleased to be in when I could but I know you guys really did all the graft!

No comments:

Post a Comment