Tuesday 28 May 2013

April 2013- see it if you can Barocci at the National Gallery

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000002596 StartFragment:0000000630 EndFragment:0000002580

Barocci: Brilliance and Grace, at National Gallery




A perfectly sized exhibition of 'Religious Art' completely over awed me, it was not one I would have selected to see but now I know better. Barocci at the National Gallery, an open evening for students with a welcome glass of wine left me spell bound. His use of colour and the amazing ability of this incredible artist. Interested in finding out how artists apply paint and particularly in how they achieve 'smooth surfaces' it was pleasing to hear that Barocci technique was the simplest method 'finger painting'.

I hold in my mind the colours, they were so clear and bright, I have found it difficult to focus on my grey tones! For those of you working on portraits look at Barocci's self portrait - eyes are something special. I am sorry that I can not show here just how good they were.
I am really disappointed that I cannot post the pictures.




















No comments:

Post a Comment