Tuesday 28 May 2013

Blog 6th April 2013

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000002344 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000002328
BLOG 6April 13

As part of my preparation for our end of FdA course exhibition I have been working on a number of paintings in grey tones, these relate to deconstructed buildings or abstracts. (2)

Here I have tried the lifting material for vinyl cuttings, its wrinkled because its on tracing paper to keep it intact but I did not use it as a stencil I cut a Frisket stencil from it. The Frisket stencil worked better than previously, the areas involved were much larger .

In the image below you can see how this worked on the top half. My original drawings were smaller and I did not like the balance in the enlarged work. I thought I would try adding more detail from the 'building' and because I only wanted vague images I
used torn paper, in fact this procedure worked really well but the 'whole work' did not come together.
I forgot to photograph the work at this stage which is a pity, I would have liked a record of the effect, I used a very thin Paynes Grey wash, which left a very nice jewel like navy blue residue.
The work however was very out of balance and very disappointing.
I have now made major changes and only the original stencil work can be seen on the surface.
AND this needs changing because the grey tone is wrong !
Where am I going wrong, why can't I get this right first time? Can you help?

No comments:

Post a Comment