Tuesday 28 May 2013

Blog October 2012 Belfort 1

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000002397 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000002381

BLOG October 12

I have been looking at the work of architects and have found an interest in extracting ideas from their ideas. I have a number of books which show architectural work. Plans, buildings, lighting, and work artists have made to be included in the design either in the interiors or on or around exteriors
Jean Nouvel's Belfort Theatre provided the inspiration for my work on the right. I could see two wonderful curves in a picture showing the interior of the theatre, lit by light from the stage, the rest of the theatre just disappeared for me.

The colour came from the image , but I tried doing this in different colour ways but I kept coming back to the black background, I tried matt black board paint as well as acrylic paint. Initially I was disappointed with the way I had applied the background , it became thick and treacly, the brush strokes got thicker. So I started sanding down, again and yet again, then I realised that the curves were not right.

Once again the process of sanding down and re marking and re doing the curves took place and I had a very over worked piece to present.

The colours used were right, as a piece of work I prefer the left hand image with the chalk markings, for me the alteration has greater interest than that which I presented but I am also aware that I am still unhappy with the curves in the finished image -above on the right, and I think I should return to this work armed with better knowledge and re do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment