Tuesday 28 May 2013

BLOG December 2012 I saw a thunder storm in the making

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000002728 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000002712
BLOG December 2012

I saw a thunder storm in the making

Just another one of those very slow bus journeys towards home, the sky darkening as we get into December and I see this wonderful angry purple sky as I look across the A23 and Falmer Railway Station towards the University, the sky lighting one of the Falmer buildings as something 'of the moment'.

For some nights after I twist and turn and stare as I past the same spot on the bus, and I looked for a number of nights following but could not match the image image in my head.
This amazing silver building, with clearly defined trees standing proud in front of the building?

I decided that I could work this image through, by using clear perspex sheets, and printed /cut vinyl images. I took photographs at the site and noway were the trees in front of the building but from the images I was able to identify the image I was carrying and the why the trees were where they were and it was down to the light on that night, that one moment in time.


There and not there”

Should I do more of this work? I like the clarity of the materials.

I have been hard pushed to manage this in time for the very long crit today and the seminar I had to present with Alex in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment