Thursday 30 May 2013

Blo November 12 Unresolved work

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000002596 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000002580
BLOG November 2012

I had this wonderful picture of light, light as it has been used in architecture, I did not want to copy it but I wanted to get something from it. I started painting on a deep MDF frame, without planning -how it would work. I got so frustrated, the angles, the colours, the way the paint was applied.... and the board got sanded down, and painted over and sanded down and painted over each time slightly different but the problems were not being solved.


This image was from H Plummer, The architecture of Natural Light-The Refraction of light in a Diaphanous film

My images:








I think at this point I recognised that what I want to do was to make something that responded to the work of Toby Paterson, the way that I saw his work (as reproduced in his book-Consensus and Collapse). With clean, accurate lines, angles and bold colours.



I thought about how I could do this quickly sketching out ideas but just left it alone after this, I think because I recognised that I just had not the skill at present to develop this very neat clean lined work.

Is it right to stop working at something once the buzz has gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment