Sunday 4 November 2012

Ok for the third time I will try and post a blog.

week one Drama Queens

I have written about my disappointment that after a week of fun and hard work the year 2  group were not able to 'stage' their performance of 'Drama Queens" but it seems (my blog) to be floating somewhere in space.

I am trying again to do this now.  I thought we had fun working on this project, even though we had to repeat/re-do the 'performance' a number of times. It was really nice that the group worked well together to get this staged.

 Using a small box stage, cut out "sculptures" were moved around supported by props, and videoed by Sammy, who wanted to direct, film and edit the work. She worked hard to pull this together. The video performance was not successful, too much movement so later what seemed like hundreds of stills were taken.

We attempted to record our reading of the play-that equipment failed, so Christine's i-phone took on the challenge.

The voice recording and the images were to be combined in to one presentation, but the combining of the two failed two or three times whilst Sammy tried to get these together.  It was a shame that the effort had been made, the work, I would suggest enjoyed, not to have been able to have had some thing to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment