Sunday 4 November 2012

Crit 1-year2

Crit 1 y2

This is such an special thing to happen, when the people who you work with, or who work in the same physical area discuss your work.

There is the point at the beginning when most of us are uncomfortable to start talking and fortunately Chris nearly always kicks off , that then starts the ideas going. At this point it is just great to sit back and listen. I still find it really suprising that people actually have something to say, positive or not about my work.

Sometimes, whilst the work has been developing there may have been talk about what is going on but interestingly sometimes new stuff comes to the fore. I try to take on as much as I can remember, last year it was great, I had such a well written report, but I did not understand a lot of what was being said until much later in the year when it came together and made really good sense.

I have been looking at ways of dealing with some of the issues that were raised, in particular finishing issues, I am normally careful but moving wet work, and rushing to complete have their own problems. It is the usual issues of finishing in time for drying, standing back and examining what has been done.

I  need to, explore work in my sketch book first, I just don't know why I have stopped the habit. This weekend I have spent a great deal of time working on a piece that had not been though through or tried out, Ive wasted a lot of time and now feel quite flat about my current work.


No comments:

Post a Comment